Thursday, April 29, 2010

#34. Tiffany's Birth Story♥13042010

It was 2am in the early Tuesday morning and hubbee was out with his friends as usual. I stayed at home playing Sims3, building my dream house and talking to deardear on the phone telling her that I was having a lot of watery discharge for 2 days already. She and her friend told me to quickly go and bath first as she have a feeling that I'm going to give birth soon. I didn't listen to her(as usual) and continued building my house. Awhile later, I heard *PIAK* coming from somewhere near my stomach and my stomach felt painful. About 2 minutes later, I felt like there's a gush of water coming so I quickly jumped out of bed! It was 3.40am and my water bag has officially burst.

The first thing I did was to call hubbee and told him to come home right away, from his tone of voice I think he thought that I was joking or maybe I was just using that method to get him to reach home faster but after convincing him that it is true, I heard him panic and started to rush to get a cab home but I stop him and told him to get cinnamon melt first as he promised he will get it for me. He was supposed to get me ice-cream too but he didn't! =( Awhile later, hubbee reached home with 2 of his friends. I washed my face, brush my teeth, wanted to bath but hubbee didn't allow. They were all so panicky and boy, that look on hubbee's face was really classic! =D


Managed to get a cab quite fast thanks to hubbee's friend who ran different ways to catch a cab for us while I enjoyed the cinnamon melt. Reached SGH at 4.25am, was brought a room by a wheelchair as my water bag kept flowing non-stop. Super irritated! Was on the CTG scan at 4.50am. I was so bored as hubbee wasn't allowed to be in the room for an hour. The nurses were all quite friendly except for 1 old lady which totally pissed me off! After taking my blood pressure, the nurse told me that I am having a very high BP which I found weird cos I never had high BP before. Not before pregnancy and not during pregnancy either, I only had low BP! So anw, they continued to take my BP every 5-10min and at 5.24am, I was starting to feel contraction pain coming every 5min and would last for around 1min. It got more and more unbearable as time goes by.. Soon, doctor came to check and at 5.50am, I was only 1-2cm dilated. I was thinking to myself "Oh god, I'm only 2cm dilated but the pain is already so intense, how am I going to go through another 8cm without epidural??!!"

Around 6.10am I was pushed right into labour suite because of my BP. Luckily I had hubbee to accompany me all the way. Was using the laughing gas like no one's business but tried to control cos I'm afraid I'll knock out and end up having to do C-sec instead. Around 7am, the pain was intolerable! Didn't have any strength to talk to hubbee so I just looked at him & continued using the laughing gas. When I saw the nurse, I immediately asked for epidural. Was kinda angry with myself cos I really didn't want to give in to epidural but the pain was really too much to bear. I didn't want to have phobia giving birth cos I still want a second baby so ya, I just told the nurse I want epidural. Then guess what?! She say cannot yet because of my high BP!! I have to wait until my blood test is back to see if I am fit enough for epidural. WTF!!! I was praying and praying in my heart, better let me have the epidural or I will just knock myself out and let them cut my tummy open. When I was 5cm dilated, I asked for epidural again for the don't know how many times and finally that angel came in! Made me so happy! =D

Signed the paper for epidural and he explained all the side effects and blablabla but I wasn't listening, I just want it FAST! And finally, I got the jab. I felt so relieve and so happy that I no longer feel the contractions anymore. Finally had energy to talk to hubbee and even still chatted with dear on the phone. She was outside the labour ward, so sad she can't come in to accompany me cos only husbands are allowed in the labour ward. Awhile later, hubbee went back home to bath, change and take my stuffs while I had a short nap while waiting for him to come back.

When I woke up, it was already 6pm. Had slight contractions so I told the nurse to top up the epidural for me but they say cannot cos I'm already 9cm dilated! THAT MEANS I'M GG TO GIVE BIRTH TO MY PRECIOUS ANYTIME!!! Awhile later, hubbee reach and the nurse started to practice with me the pushing. Although there wasn't much pain but it was so tiring! Lucky hubbee was there to support me. =) After pushing for about 30mins, the doctor came in and assisted the pushing. And finally at 7.02pm, I felt a strange feeling that is indescribable and then I heard my precious Tiffany's cry.

I'm not sure if it is the effect of the medication or what, I felt everything was so surreal. I was confuse.. "Is this it?" I thought to myself.. And then I saw them cleaning up my baby, she was looking at me the whole time while they were cleaning her up. I felt loved, I felt important & I felt like I had a totally new role in life that I have to do well no matter what. So many feelings overwhelmed me and finally, I teared. Tears of joy of cos.

No pictures was taken in the delivery suite, only videos. Enjoy. =)



Part 1


Part 2

Okay, done with the happy, heartwarming part. Now to the disastrous part.

While the doctor who delivered Tiffany was stitching me up, luckily there was still epidural left so it didn't really affected me. I wanted to latch Tiffany immediately but they rejected my request as my BP was still very high at that point of time so after hugging Tiffany for awhile, they brought her up to the Infant's ICU room to keep her under observation as she has some difficulty breathing and they have to observe her too. Scared the shit out of me.. Meanwhile, hubbee was beside me showing me the videos and all that and the nurse who helped me clean up looked worried. Then I saw the doctor who delivered me came in with a bunch of nurse. At that point of time, the epidural effect was already not very strong as they have already removed the tube.. & then I heard them say they have to stitch me up AGAIN! WTF?! WHY?? Awhile later, another doctor came in. They started to use tools to see where it went wrong and all that and got a conclusion that one of my vessels burst and the doctor left out that part just now so now he have to stitch that up.

The stitching process was HELL! The laughing gas was no use at all! But I still used it anyway as it was my only source of pain relieve. =( When everything was over, I just went to sleep and sweet hubbee went to buy bread and water for me. Spend the night at the labour suite because of my bp. And thanks to that, hubbee was able to stay with me through-out the night.. The only thing that made me sad was that I can't see Tiffany cos I'm unable to walk. I had to stay in bed for 24hrs because of my medication. Tiffany was also unable to come down because the ICU ward's infants are not allowed to be brought out. It was so torturing.. Only hubbee got to see baby Tiffany. =(

I got discharged from labour suite and got transferred to normal ward the next day and finally got to see baby Tiffany. =)

A big thank you to those who came down. Especially my deardear who accompanied me & consoled me when I was crying like mad cos I was afraid. LOL. Thanks to my little sister for buying chicken essence although it sucks to the max. Thanks to San jie for the hamper, so sweet! =)

& most importantly, thanks to my precious big baby who never fail to come down everyday to accompany me, to hold my hand when I'm in pain, to feed me when I'm unable to move, to sacrifice his sleep for me and Tiffany, most importantly, for going through the 9 months with me. Thanks for accepting all my mood swings, accepting my ugly big stomach with stretchmarks and all my nagging. Thanks for loving me and Tiffany. We love you too, always will.


That's it for Tiffany's birth story! =D Man, I took damn long to post this entry!
Next up, baby's photos!! But first, gonna catch some sleep first. I'm damn tired.

No comments: