Tuesday, March 9, 2010

#18. The Start Of Our Journey

21 02 2010 was the day. The day we vowed to spend eternity together. It fell on a Sunday, which not many will choose as the following day was a working day but I insisted. There were many disadvantages, and the most practical one would be the cost of our dinner. Our date actually clashed with CNY promotions and for most Chinese restaurant, they only have their CNY package and nothing else. I was quite disappointed because for the money spent ordering the CNY package, we could actually choose the most expensive ROM package, which of course is more worth it. Nonetheless, I'm thankful that the food turned out good, at least up to my expectation. =)

Reminiscing that wonderful day...


We planned beforehand to wake up at 9am to prepare our self as we have to reach the bridal shop at 3pm. As usual, I woke up on the dot, ordered McDonald's breakfast, brush my teeth and woke Hubbee up at 10am(which he told me to!). As usual, this lazy pig will just grumble and grumble, whine and whine, turn here and there and still REFUSE to wake up! Despite switching on the light and switching the air con off, he still can sleep! I decided to be a good wife to him and granted him another 30mins of sleep while I served my 'Cafe'.



*30 mins later*


HE STILL REFUSE TO WAKE UP!!

So I had no choice but to snap him while he is sleeping and threaten to post it online. Finally, he manage to wake up(with a grumpy face) upon hearing it. =) After bathing, Mummy went down together with me to get our manicure done. By then it was already 1pm! I was so damn lucky that the bridal shop is just beside the manicure shop. Hubbee came down awhile later to get his nails tidy up too. That forever hiao boy!
After manicure, make-up and styling of hair, I couldn't believe my eyes. It was 5.20pm! The ceremony was supposed to start at 6pm. I was suppose to reach at 5plus to do the deco with mummy. That really spoil my mood and made me very very grumpy!

Finally we reached...
It was 6.20pm when we reached but lucky for us, everyone else was also late! *bang wall* The only ones who was there waiting was the JP and the photographer. I really thank god because I have such nice JP and photographer! They were so patient and even repeatedly told me to slow down and take my time when it was already 6.30pm! I really thank them alot! Mummy proceeded to tie the flowers on the chairs for me while I do the decorations for the table. Was quite pleased with the outcome as we really saved alot! If I were to get Tung Lok to do the deco for me, it would actually cost $200! Guess how much was the centerpiece and flowers for the chair? $50 only okay! I saved $150 and it still looks great!! =D Have to thank mummy cos she was the one liaising with the florist. =)

The final setting for our table. Totally love the ring box which I DIY-ed! =D & the feather pen was bought last minute! So lucky I found it.. I thought I was going to sign the papers with a ugly pen!
Finally at around 6.40pm, everyone arrived and the ceremony begun. I didn't know I would feel this way. My heart was pounding like mad and my hand was shaking unknowingly! Baby Tiffany was also sharing my anxiety, she just kicked like no body's business! The feeling was weired yet heartwarming. Many flashbacks just came back to me..like how we got to know each other, how we got together, the times we spent for the past 1 year and 5 months... It made me feel like crying(but luckily I didn't!)..
Hubbee signing the paper. Can you imagine, we searched high and low for the feather pen and at that point of time, I totally forgot about it!! Luckily hubbee said, "I want to use that pen!" while pointing to the feather pen! My cute hubbee! =D
My turn, my turn!!
The witness, which was hubbee's parents. I didn't ask my father as he couldn't attend that day. Although it was such a disappointment that he couldn't be there, I know he is out there somewhere giving me his blessing. =)
Now, the funny part. Please, any couple who is going to get engaged, please remember this very important thing. REMEMBER TO DIFFERENTIATE YOUR RINGS BEFOREHAND! Me and hubbee totally forgot about it lor. I was suppose to have the slightly bigger ring due to water retention that made my fingers totally bloated. In the end, due to negligence, hubbee ended up forcing the smaller ring to my finger!(which only both of us know. LOL!) We pretended to pose for the photographer but in actual fact, he was squeezing the ring! LOL!And there, we are lawfully married. =)
With my side..
My new family which dotes me like no one ever does. =)
Wonder mummies! Hubbee's sister & Bf.
JP left after the ceremony as he got something else to do. I love how Hubbee gave him the red packet! Like owe him money like that. LOL.
After the ceremony, we proceeded into the restaurant to have our food. First dish was the lo-hei! I wanted to forgo it at first but everyone said it's a good start, so we just went ahead with it. =) Second dish made me and hubbee laugh like mad! Hubbee was suppose to read it aloud, but he can't read the words as it is too cursive so the staff did it for him instead. My goosebumps came up and I was damn embarrassed yet at the same time laughing and laughing with hubbee. Totally liven up the atmosphere!
One of the classic photo!
If anyone who knows hubbee will know that he is ALWAYS on the phone! & I mean ALWAYS lor! Sometimes it is so irritating it can piss people off. From this picture, I guess you can tell how piss off everyone is right? Especially me of course! I warned him beforehand to switch off his phone until we finish the dinner, but as usual, it fell on deaf ears! I was looking very cheeky at the last picture cos I was actually too angry, yet I have to smile in front of the camera so I pinched his backside while taking the picture. LOL.
Hubbee's uncles and grandmother. The best you can ever find! She dote on him so much until he is so lazy now! lol. I always hope to have such a good grandmother, now my wish finally came true! =p
Hubbee's mummy side. It was a regret we couldn't sit on the same table as there wasn't enough space. =( Didn't get to take much photos with them. Don't know why mummy took so many photos with them. LOL.
My new fantastic family! =D
I cannot explain how thankful I am to them, hubbee's mummy,daddy and sister. They have always been there for us. When we first found out about our pregnancy, they were so supportive. Mummy would always boil tonics for me, always going with us for check-up & even accompanied us to get our wedding bands. Daddy would always be the quiet one but thinks very deep. He would always ask hubbee if we need any financial help, he would even go to the extend of giving up his room for us to move in and plan ahead to get a maid to lighten every one's burden. As for Peiyu, she would always be there caring like how a blood related sister would. She will always talk to me when she know hubbee's busy. =) I'm so so thankful!
Another classic photo!
Kun is so cute! She wanted to say "Congratulations" but ended up saying "Thank you Thank you" instead. LOL. My forever cute sister!
In-laws that happen to get along very well. =D
Best sister anyone could ask for! =D
Ending the tiring day. Hope everyone enjoyed because I did. =)
When me and hubbee reach home. We are finally married! =)
Another person to thank for making our ROM successful is mummy. She have been helping me alot for this occasion. I don't have to say much, just 3 words, I love you.

P.S: The reason I insisted to hold it on 21 02 2010 is because 2 years later, we plan to throw a wedding dinner for relatives and friends. By then it will be 21 02 2012. =D Can't wait!

No comments: